Is it possible that one intriguing statement from the popular “Star Wars” film franchise sums up God’s ultimate purpose and destination for mankind?
The movie in question is the classic “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.”
The scene involves the Jedi Master Yoda who is instructing Luke Skywalker, portrayed by Mark Hamill, on the nature of “the force,” indicating it’s something that surrounds us and binds us.
That’s when Yoda reaches out and touches the flesh on Skywalker’s bare shoulder, uttering this line for the ages: “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
“It’s stunning how Hollywood keeps broadcasting what God teaches in the Bible, and the writers and producers of the film probably have little idea how biblical their production is,” says Joe Kovacs, author of the new best-selling book, “Reaching God Speed: Unlocking the Secret Broadcast Revealing the Mystery of Everything.”
“That single sentence to Luke Skywalker is telegraphing the basic message of God concerning what we human beings are, and what we’re going to become eventually.”
The author of the popular “Shocked by the Bible” series says throughout Scripture, “God is revealing our final destination of becoming immortal members of His own brilliant and luminous family, set apart from our crude, fleshly matter.”
He says it’s no secret that we currently dwell in bodies made of physical flesh, the “crude matter” that appears to our eyes.
“The Bible actually uses a lot of dark terminology to describe this crude matter, including ‘earth,’ ‘the dust of the ground,’ ‘body of death,’ and ‘the shadow of death’ to describe the bodies of flesh we all have at present.”
“But Scripture also talks about the light of God’s spirit filling us up, so that upon our our physical death and subsequent resurrection back to life again, we’re no longer shackled in our temporary prison of darkness, and we literally become luminous beings, what the Bible calls ‘children of light and children of the day’ (1 Thessalonians 5:5) – made of light exclusively, shining with the brilliant illumination of God’s own Spirit.”
Kovacs points out that Jesus only spoke in parables (Matthew 13:34), and that God is often “declaring the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10), telling us the end result of everything right from the start, and that includes our transformation from the crude matter of our flesh into the light of the spirit, with many Scriptures outright stating faithful believers will be “shining” as luminous beings.
“Here are some examples of how God uses words such as ‘shine,’ ‘light,’ and ‘radiant’ to broadcast the notion that we’ll eventually be luminous beings, emitting bright light instead of the darkness we all currently have.”
“The LORD make his face shine upon thee … And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them” (Numbers 6:25, 27).
“God certainly does all these things two or three times to a person in order to turn him back from the Pit, so he may shine with the light of life” (Job 33:29–30 CSB).
“Restore us, God; make your face shine on us, so that we may be saved” (Psalm 80:3 CSB).
“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD shines over you. For look, darkness will cover the earth, and total darkness the peoples; but the LORD will shine over you, and his glory will appear over you” (Isaiah 60:1–2 CSB).
“If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light” (Luke 11:36 NLT).
“For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness” (2 Corinthians 4:6).
“Get up, sleeper, and rise up from the dead, and Christ will shine on you” (Ephesians 5:14 CSB).
“Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father’s kingdom” (Matthew 13:43 CSB).
Kovacs explains: “All these verses are talking about the divine destiny of obedient people who make the jump from physical bodies to divine spirit. Once they exit the darkness of the flesh that currently covers all human people, they will become flaming torches of brilliant light and will shine with nothing short of the glory of God. Because we will finally receive the ultimate blessing, gaining entry into our Father’s family.”
“We all need to wake up out of this nightmare of death in which we’re all asleep and come to the realization that we’re not meant to be in our body of death forever,” he concluded.
“Just like the ‘Star Wars’ film is projecting, we’re not merely crude matter. As 1 John 1:5 says, ‘God is light, and there is no darkness in Him at all,’ and if we get on board with His Master Plan, then we, too, will be luminous beings living forever in the light of life, not this crude matter.”
Endorsed by Chuck Norris and other Christian champions, “Reaching God Speed” is nothing short of a breakthrough work, as it probes God’s hidden messages embedded in popular movies, hit songs from (Adele and the Beatles to Frank Sinatra and Led Zeppelin), the stories we tell our children, everyday phrases we all say, historic news events, famous commercial campaigns, nature itself, and typical life activities such as such as inhaling every breath you take, sleeping, waking up and many more.
It features a myriad of stunning biblical revelations, as the book:
- Solves with clarity three of the greatest mysteries in Scripture, unveiling the surprisingly simple meaning of “the beast,” “the number of the beast” and “the mark of the beast”
- Easily explains how God embeds hidden messages forecasting the future in the physical, historical events recorded in Scripture
- Examines the miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding, revealing why this famous event took place “on the third day,” why water was poured into six large containers, and why its instant transformation into the most perfect wine has a sublime meaning that goes far beyond what anyone has ever discussed
- Unwraps the secret messages concerning the human birth of God, including the spirit significance of Jesus in a manger, the real reason the shepherds “returned,” and the never-trumpeted, majestic picture the entire story depicts for your own glorious future
- Unmasks the miracle of the blind man healed by washing mud off his eyes. Clue: There’s something intriguing about the mud that becomes obvious when we connect the dots in Scripture
- Reveals the incredible reason the Bible constantly mentions “three days” in both the Old and New Testaments. It goes far beyond the time Jesus spent in the heart of the earth.
- Unveils the sublime, additional meanings emanating from “Let there be light” and “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” There’s much more to the beginning than you’ve ever imagined.
- Illuminates the reason the darkness of night will ultimately be eliminated, and only never-ending light will exist
- Broadcasts the never-before-trumpeted meaning of the Exodus out of Egypt. The ancient event in the days of Moses is actually a picture of something tremendous and glorious that’s still to come in your future
- Explains the incredible meaning behind serpents crawling on their bellies
- Dishes the astounding secret behind the Second Passover, and the fantastic future it holds for billions of people
- Investigates the double meaning concerning “Doubting Thomas,” and the stunning good news it contains for everyone who’s ever doubted God or any Bible story
- Announces the unheard, spirit meaning regarding raising children
- Shines the light on why ancient Egyptians were paralyzed with three straight days of darkness, while God’s people in Goshen had light in their dwellings
- Illuminates the surprising and inspiring meaning of a “darkness that can be felt” (Hint: it’s something you can do right this second)
- Explains what Jesus specifically meant by “outer darkness”
- Clearly reveals why the Bible repeatedly mentions pagan peoples such as Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Girgashites, Jebusites and Hivites. It goes far beyond these ancient tribes with tough-to-pronounce names, as it actually refers to certain people alive today with whom you deal every day
- Tells why Scripture so often talks about thorns and thistles. They’re far more than just sharp prickers growing in your garden
- Explores the untold meaning of the conflict between David and Goliath: it has gigantic significance that Sunday-school teachers seem to have missed
- Fishes out astonishing secret messages God has embedded in the famous story of Jonah being swallowed by a great fish. The scales will finally fall off your eyes when you finally see what you’ve been missing. Plus hundreds more …
The book rocketed to the #1 position in several Amazon categories even before its official release Jan. 25.
Those wishing to contact or interview Joe Kovacs can email him here.
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.
This article was originally published by the WND News Center.